Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rapping With Jason Aldean

Jason Aldean is considering a song for his new album with another artist that is decidedly not country.

"Probably a pretty good chance [of collaborating with a hip-hop artist]," he tells Billboard. "Probably quicker than you might think, as a matter of fact. So we'll have to see. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag on that too much, but we've got a couple things in the works."

Jason surprised with his current single, 'Dirt Road Anthem,' on Wednesday's CMT Awards when he performed the song alongside famed rapper Ludacris. But that isn't too far of a stretch from Jason's musical tastes.

"You listen to my iPod, there's everything from Conway [Twitty] to Kanye [West]. It's everything in between," he explains. "I like all kinds of music. I really do. I like everything from R&B to hip-hop, blues, rock ... I grew up listening to all kinds of music."

Jason plans on being country. "I don't think there's any chance I'll ever be a rap star," he assures, "but at the same time I have an appreciation for that kind of music and what those guys do, just like I would hope they have an appreciation for what we do, even if it might not be their cup of tea. Just having the respect factor of, it's cool for what it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment