Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dr. Rucker I Presume

www.countrymusicrocks.net
Darius Rucker was given an honorary doctorate of humane letters from the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston for his work in the community in May.


"The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is my home, it's where mother worked for 30 years. It was where I ate, where I got my clothes -- everything about the university was home to me," Darius told The Boot.


Darius has other connections to MUSC and the Charleston community. He and his wife, Beth, serve on the board of the Children's Hospital, and he has made donations to the university. Additionally his Hootie & the Blowfish Foundation helps needy children get a education.


The South Carolina native says the honorary diploma will be proudly displayed in his home in Charleston, so "everyone will know to call me Dr. Rucker!"

No comments:

Post a Comment