Monday, June 27, 2011

Martina Gets The Beeb

Martina McBride understands. Her middle daughter, Emma, met Justin Bieber during the recent CMT Awards.


"I was really into Linda Ronstadt and Pat Benatar," Martina tells The Boot of her own idols as a teen. "I think that if I would have met them when I was 18 or 15, I was so enamored with them that I would have freaked out."


Martina has actually had the opportunity to perform with Pat Benatar, but hasn't met Linda Ronstadt, yet. "I'd love to, though," she reveals.


Martina understands her daughter's excitement. "The best part is seeing my kids grow and become individuals, and the fact that they're happy and well-adjusted," Martina told The Boot. "When I see how they handle situations, I feel really proud of them, and that pride is such a great thing."


Martina's next album will be released August 23, and it will include her current single 'Teenage Daughters.'

No comments:

Post a Comment