Monday, June 6, 2011

Keith Urban And Time Off

Keith Urban and his wife, Nicole Kidman enjoy time away from fame -- and especially from the paparazzi.


"I always get thrown because we live such a normal life in Nashville," he tells Milwaukee station FM 106.1, of encountering the pesky cameras when away from home. "We spend most of the year in Nashville, but we never get bothered here, so usually when you see photos of us, it's in New York or LA, but it's usually a fleeting visit."


Keith is getting ready to kick off the United States leg of his Get Closer World tour and he says the tour's name is indicative of the relationship he plans on having with his fans.


"I'm going into the crowd on several occasions," he tells Entertainment Weekly. "This tour is not just called Get Closer, it's literally gonna be that, too," he promises. But interacting with his fans comes with a price.


"I've come home a few times with scratches on my chest and on my back, and my wife's gone, 'What is that?' And I'm like, 'Well, I'll show you,' and we've filmed the audience," he explains. "She's like, 'Oh my god!' [laughs] It can be a bit treacherous out there sometimes, but it's always different, always unpredictable, and I love it."


Keith will kick off his Get Closer tour on June 16 in Mobile, Ala. Urban can also be found at CMA Music Fest, where he will perform on Friday, June 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment