Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Carrie Not Into Mush

countrymusicislove.com
Carrie Underwood has showcased songs about guys whom have done her wrong.


"I've never been one for mushy songs ever. I just don't do mush," said Carrie during a Q&A session at the Billboard Country Music Summit in Nashville. "I can do mad. I can do sassy. I can do high heels and sparkles."


Carrie says she's not as good at sad songs or being open to people. Husband, Mike Fisher, has helped her think.


"I remember writing 'Mama's Song' [and thinking], 'Is this weird? I don't know how I feel about this,'" she confesses. "Just being able to open another door of myself and be able to sing about something that I have never been able to, I catch myself writing more songs like that."


Carrie says this is a good thing. "I'm becoming a sentimental weenie! [laughs] I have to watch that. It might be good. The more you grow and experience, the more you have to write about. He's been good for that."


While Carrie credits her husband with helping her to be inspired, she says she wishes she could do the same for him. "I haven't improved his hockey game one iota," she jokes.


Source: The Boot

No comments:

Post a Comment