Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rascal Flatts--No Farm Animals


Rascal Flatts’ video for “Why Wait” was up for a pair of CMT Music Video Awards, including overall Video of the Year and Group Video of the Year.

The take-off of the hit comedy film The Hangover was shot in Las Vegas over the course of a couple of days, and featured a cast of colorful characters, including Vegas legend Wayne Newton, actor David Arquette, comedian Carrot Top, and a monkey.

From what happened behind-the-scenes, it’s probably the last time the trio will ever work with one of the animals.

“That thing bit me on the head the first time and kind of jumped off, so they were like, ‘All right, cut!,’” recalls lead singer Gary LeVox.  “It was like the third or fourth time I went out there, that thing went down my arm and took a hunk out of my arm where I was bleeding. Yeah, I was done with live animals. There won’t be any more. Jay and Joe Don are enough."

The Flatts' Jay DeMarcus says he hopes there will be an alternate version of "Why Wait" with many of the outtakes. Gary declares, "I hope some day we can have an extended version so we can put some of the funny footage of Carrot Top in the room with Gary as he's waking up, because some of the things that were the funniest takes, ended up on the cutting room floor."

No comments:

Post a Comment