Friday, May 6, 2011

Country Charts In Review

Credit: billboard.com
Sara Evans' 'A Little Bit Stronger' takes over the top of both the Mediabase/Country Aircheck and Billboard country singles charts this week.


Miranda Lambert's 'Heart Like Mine' is No. 2 on both and Kenny Chesney's 'Live a Little,' drops to No. 3. Holding steady at #4 sits Jerrod Niemann's 'What Do You Want from Me' while Rascal Flatts gains one spot with 'I Won't Let Go', now at #5. Brad Paisley and Alabama take 'Old Alabama' to #6 and Keith Urban climbs two places ending up at #7 with 'Without You.'


Darius Rucker's #1 hit 'This' still hangs on at #8, Taylor Swift enters the Top 10 with 'Mean' at #9 and The Band Perry again remains at #10 with 'You Lie.'


Sara relates to 'A Little Bit Stronger,'. "I'm definitely relating to that title," Sara said. "I mean, I feel stronger in every single way. No one wants to go through a hard time in their life, but everyone's going to, and most people have. I just feel stronger now in every single way possible: physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, romantically. Just in every single way, I'm a stronger woman because of going through hard times. 'A Little Bit Stronger' is definitely a huge statement, not only for me, but hopefully, it speaks to my fans."


The country songstress is nominated for a CMT Music Award for Female Video of the Year for 'A Little Bit Stronger,' which is from her latest album, 'Stronger.' The 2011 CMT Music Awards will air live from Nashville June 8 on CMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment