Monday, May 2, 2011

Kellie Pickler Wants to Get 'Dirty' on Third Album

Kellie Pickler doesn't feel like the music she's put out so far really captures the essence of who she is musically -- which can be frustrating at this stage of the game.


"The past couple of years that I've been in Nashville since I signed my record deal, I've struggled to figure out where my place is," Kellie tells the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "There's a lot more to Kellie Pickler than the first two albums let you in on."


There has been excitement recently with Kellie and new husband Kyle, Kellie tweeted that Kyle planned a country picnic for them followed by a hot air balloon ride, but things took a turn for the scary when the balloon landed rather unexpectedly! "We just landed in someone's backyard in a tree," tweeted Kellie. "But we are ALIVE!!!! I felt like I was in the movie 'Up!'"


Kellie enjoys visiting her husband's home state of Minnesota, but says she and her mother-in-law often tease each other about their respective accents.


"I don't feel like I have an accent," says the North Carolina native. "So I always mock everybody there. Kyle's mom Sharon and I pick at each other about it. She tries to talk like me and I talk like her. We do get a lot of laughs out of where I came from versus where Kyle came from. We grew up eating grass on opposite sides of the fence."

No comments:

Post a Comment