Greeneville Tennessee natives Kimberly, Neil and Reid Perry (The Band Perry) joined both the Greene County Chapter of the Red Cross and the Greene County Disaster Relief/Donation Center to assist in relief efforts last week.
“Nothing is more important to us than family, community and service to others,” said Kimberly Perry. “We have been anxious to visit our neighbors and help as much as we can. We hope that we helped to raise awareness of the needs in the area and we’re very happy that we could publicly thank and acknowledge the tireless efforts of all the local disaster relief workers
The Greene County Red Cross has undertaken a non-stop schedule of providing needed items. In Tennessee, since April 27, the Red Cross has served almost 40,000 meals; and more than 26,200 snacks; and delivered about 1500 comfort kits. Additionally, over 5,000 meals have been served by the staff at The Oaks Retreat center over the last week.
If you want to help, a local group FWBF Ministries could use a hand.
On the needs list are:
• Gatorade, vitamin water
• Easy to open canned foods
• Cleaning supplies – mops, buckets, brooms, dust pans, disinfectant cleaner, baking soda
• Building supplies – hammers, nails, tacks, saws, screwdrivers,
• Rakes, Shovels, wheel barrels, flashlights, batteries, candles,
• Small appliances – small microwaves, small coffee pots
• Animal food
• Towels, disposable Wipes
• Paper goods (paper plates, plastic eating utensils, paper towels, toilet paper)
• Trash bags, zip lock bags, sandwich bags
• NOT NEEDED: CLOTHES, FURNITURE OR WATER
**Badly needed monetary donations made payable to Greene County Disaster Relief, mail to FWBFM 90 Stanley Lane, Greeneville TN 37743