Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chesney's Next Shot Is Tequila

Kenny Chesney will release “You And Tequila,” as his next single. Written by Matraca Berg and Deana Carter, Chesney features singer-songwriter Grace Potter on the recording which the New York Times declares, “it’s one of the finest songs of Mr. Chesney’s career, a sudden bolt of darkness disrupting a blissful summer sky.”


Of the tune Chesney says, “I’ve always loved the song “You and Tequila.” I’ve had that song for years and lived with Matraca’s demo for a long time. After the tour in 2007, I rented a house in Malibu, California right on the cliff of the ocean and I would drive up the Pacific Coast Highway right at sunset. I remember I’d roll down the windows and I would just listen to music. I would listen to Tom Petty, The Eagles, I would listen to so many songs that would kind of fit that moment. It was therapeutic.”


“When we were putting together Hemingway’s Whiskey,” Chesney recalls, “somebody brought up ‘You And Tequila’ and when I listened to the demo again, it was just like I was driving up the Pacific Coast Highway at sunset with the window down and that’s why I recorded the song.”

No comments:

Post a Comment