Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Red Cross Disaster Relief Concert

Hank Williams Jr., Alabama, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Ronnie Dunn, and Sara Evans will perform in Nashville on Thursday May 12 at a 90-minute CMT disaster relief concert. Proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.


The Associated Press reported Williams initially wanted to do a local benefit, but then reached out to CMT to help make it bigger.“I don’t want to raise $50,000,” Williams said. “I want to raise a lot of money. And I want people who are motivated to be part of it as we try to help these devastated folks.”


“Basically home for me is Alabama,” Williams says. “That’s where mama and daddy are buried. That’s probably where I’m going to be. And I have lots of friends in Tuscaloosa. And, you know, I lived in Cullman for a long time, and Cullman was flattened.”


The tornado outbreak across the south was the second deadliest in the history of the United States. 329 people were killed across seven states.


The 90-minute special will air live from Nashville at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CMT and will be simulcast on CMT.com. Additional artists will be announced soon. Ticket information has not yet been released.


To make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross disaster relief efforts, text REDCROSS to 90999.

No comments:

Post a Comment