Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Goin' Country With Kristin Chenoweth

Actress Kristin Chenoweth will release a country music album on September 13.


Chenoweth’s debut single ”I Want Somebody (Bitch About)” is a tongue-in-cheek song about finding unconditional love. The single will be available for sale on May 31. The music video, which takes place in a retro hair salon, will debut on CMT on June 6.


According to a press release, she is scheduled to make an appearance at the 2011 CMT Music Awards and appear on the finale of CMT’s Next Superstar. In addition, she will be “very involved” in the 2011 CMA Music Festival.


“Look at my recording career and it’s kind of funny. It’s all so different!” says Chenoweth who counts Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Trisha Yearwood, Reba McEntire and Linda Ronstadt among her major influences. “This album is more along the lines of what I grew up singing, like the music I sang in church in Oklahoma. When I was hired at nineteen to sing at Opryland in Nashville, that’s what I wanted to do. I never anticipated my career going in all these great directions — which I’m grateful for! I’m finally getting to do what I want.”


The album will feature a duet with Randy Travis and a cover of Dolly Parton’s “Change.”


“I’m so glad that as an artist, I’m in a position to work with such incredibly talented people,” Chenoweth concludes. “I’ve always wanted to make this album, especially in Nashville, where the musicians are amazing and everyone is so wonderful to work with.  I can’t wait to go back!”

No comments:

Post a Comment