Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Paltrow Deal Is Pulled

Gwyneth Paltrow was expected to have a record deal worth close to a million dollars with Atlantic Records but, reportedly, the label has taken the offer off the table.


"Atlantic was not the only company pursuing her, and she still has not decided if she wants to record an album," a rep for Gwyneth tells the New York Post, adding that it "is still something she is considering."


Gwyneth admitted some concerns with singing in the past. "I think, 'How would I do that?' Just a record by myself feels a little scary to me," she admited. "I would like to in theory, but we'll see."


Gwyneth recently released her very first cookbook this year, 'My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family and Togetherness,' as a way to pay tribute to her late father, Bruce Paltrow.


"[The book is] about how we found this love of cooking together and about his sort of bringing our family together and to look for joy, like having a great glass of wine or a great meal with the people you love," she told The Boot. "That was sort of the impetus to write the cookbook. Between that and everything else, my plate's full right now."


Gwyneth can next be found on the big screen in her upcoming film, 'Contagion,' co-starring Matt Damon, Kate Winslet and Jude Law.


The movie is scheduled for a fall release.

No comments:

Post a Comment