Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blake Calls It Quits

Blake Shelton has been going nonstop these last few months but sometimes a guy -- especially one who has worked so hard for a decade -- needs a little time-out to recharge his batteries.


"I'm telling you right now, my life is really not fun," Blake tells The Boot. "And what sucks about it is, I do have a wedding coming up here in just a matter of weeks. Between 'The Voice,' and what was a big time-consuming thing: hosting the ACM Awards. Now it's just like everything you can think of piled up at once."


Miranda Lambert has felt a bit neglected. "One day Miranda finally said to me, 'Where am I? When's time for me?' And it was like, 'God, she's right!,'" he reveals.


Blake was quick to come up with a solution, though. "I was even on a call today with my manager, and he said, 'Man, 'The Voice' people called and they need you for ...' I [interrupted and] said, 'No! They can fire me. I don't care! I've got to do what's right and spend some time with Miranda,'" he explains. "And so we're spending almost the entire month of May just hanging out together. I mean no friends, no family, just she and I just hanging out for the good part of the month. That will be good enough for us that she'll go back to wanting to kill me again and wishing that I would go back to work. [laughs]"


The wedding is May 14 with a laid-back shindig in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment