Monday, May 2, 2011

Rolling Stone Crowns Nashville America's Music Mecca

Credit: rollingstone.com

Rolling Stone magazine has named Nashville, Tenn. the "Best Music Scene" in the nation.


A mainstream musical residents including Taylor Swift, pop singer Ke$ha, rockers Kings of Leon, Sheryl Crow, and Jack White embrace the creative process.


"I loved growing up in Nashville because it was the cool kids who played the most instruments," native Ke$ha tells PopEater. "I was in a band for as long as I could remember ... I'm lucky to have grown up in that environment. It was really conducive to becoming a real musician."


Taylor Swift understood the necessity of honing her skills as a guitarist and songwriter at a young age to compete with Nashville's elite musicians.


"After the trip that we initially took and met with people on Music Row, I went home and decided that I needed to learn a few more things before I went back," Taylor recalls. "I learned guitar and I learned songwriting, and I never put it down. I would play guitar for four hours a day, and my mom would make me stop, and we'd have to tape up my fingers."

No comments:

Post a Comment