Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stars React To GRAMMY Nominations

“This has been a whirlwind year, and we have you guys and Country radio to thank.”- The Band Perry 


“Like most of my favorite moments in life, this GRAMMY nomination came right out of the blue and knocked me out! Wow…the blessings just keep coming for Diamond Rio,” exclaimed Diamond Rio guitarist, Jimmy Olander, when he first heard the news of the group’s 14th career GRAMMY nomination. “God is good! I’d like to congratulate Mike Clute, Word Records and Modern Management for helping us with The Reason. Tonight we celebrate!”


“I was checking ESPN.COM one last time before getting into bed when my phone vibrated. I was scared to answer and wake up my wife, but I simply whispered hello. All I remember is my manager screaming and me falling to the floor! Without question, the greatest moment of my career! I will forever be Grammy Nominated! Wow!” – David Nail


“It definitely feels like Christmas came early for us,” Lady Antebellum‘s Dave Haywood told the Associated Press. “It’s just kind of a complete shock that we’d be recognized, especially to be recognized in some of these all-genre categories. It’s pretty bizarre for a couple of rednecks from Tennessee and Georgia.”


“It’s pretty crazy to be nominated one year and then nominated again the following year,” Zac Brown Band‘s Clay Cook writes in a blog. “I will say that I am extremely proud of this record and hope that every voting member of the Recording Academy gives it a fair listen.”


Blake Shelton tweeted, “Grammy nomination, daddy likey… Seeing dudes wearing their pants below their ass, daddy laughy.”


“thx y’all.. I’m just hearing the good news. I’d like to thank all my fans, God, my dog Jake … Oh, wait … a little ahead of myself,” tweeted Dierks Bentley.


“Just heard about the Grammy nomination for ‘Til Summer Comes Around,’ what a beautiful start to the day today … deeply, deeply grateful for this. Wish I could take you all to the Grammies with us.”- Keith Urban


“I’m nominated for a freaking Grammy! Best Male Country Vocal Performance. ‘Gettin’ You Home.’ This is awesome!”- Chris Young

No comments:

Post a Comment