Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow Finds Country Fans Are 'Like Family'

Gywneth Paltrow liked the hardcore country fans. "I remember Faith [Hill] telling me in country music people really feel like they know you. For better or worse, it's really hard to make a mistake in country music or get a divorce or have a scandal, because they feel like you shouldn't be doing that kind of thing," Gywneth told The Boot. "But they are also there for you until the bitter end. It was such an education, because in the world that I know better, people are fickle: they like this band, they like that band. This is like 'I love Tim McGraw for life. I will buy every Tim McGraw t-shirt that ever comes out.' It's nice. It feels like family in that way."


Gywneth is married to rocker Chris Martin, frontman for Coldplay. While filming concert scenes in her role as Kelly Canter, she got a taste of what her husband and other performers experience, even though her crowd was paid to be there. "[On one song] I go down and am holding their hands. They were amazing," Gywneth says. "They knew the words and the way they were looking at me, I was like, 'I'm going to burst into tears, this is just insane.' I saw why people want to be rock stars. It's this amazing exchange of energy, it's incredible."


Gywneth is also excited that "Country Strong" may appeal to a more mainstream, middle-America audience than some of her other films. Country Strong' hits theaters nationwide on January 7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment