Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eric Church Can’t Stand Posers

Eric Church says one thing he can't stand in music these days are the "posers" -- the artists who pretend to be something they're not to sell records or perpetuate their fame. 


"For me, it's all about being who I am and making music about that," he tells Boulder's CU Independent. "Because trying to pretend to be someone else just to have new songs or just to sell records really drives me crazy. 'Lotta Boot Left To Fill' is one of our biggest songs of the night. I think people can relate to it, and they can relate to it how I relate to it. It's one of my pet peeves, people who use their five minutes of fame regardless of where it is ... but I think it's the artists' responsibility to make records that stand up with the Waylon Jennings and the Johnny Cashes and the people who really built this format."    

No comments:

Post a Comment