Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Rose Named For Loretta Lynn

To celebrate the release of the multi-artist tribute album Coal Miner’s Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn on November 9th, Sony Music Nashville presented country music legend Loretta Lynn with her very own rose. The first “Loretta Lynn Van Lear” rose plants – named after the artist’s GRAMMY® Award-winning album Van Lear Rose - will be delivered to the artist’s ranch in the spring of 2011, with more available for purchase shortly after. 


“Roses have always been so special to me – I’ve loved them since I was a girl,” said Loretta. “So to have a rose named after one of my albums . . . well, I’m not sure I quite have the words for that! I’m just very, very honored. I can’t wait to have those Van Lear roses blooming in my yard!” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment