Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How Reba McEntire Landed The Role Of Annie Got Your Gun On Broadway

Reba Mcentire can give credit to a rogue catering truck for helping her land the lead role in Broadway's Annie Get Your Gun. Confused?  We'll let her explain: "In every project that's ever come up in my life, it's kind of been one of those things where I was in the right place at the right time," she says. 


"[My husband] Narvel and I were going to Europe to do a TV show called The Stars Sing the Beatles. And when we flew to New York to go to London, the catering truck had knocked the door off the [plane], and they had to cancel the flight.
  
So, Narvel said, 'What do you want to do?' And I said, 'Let's go see a play.' So we went to see Annie Get Your Gun, and at intermission, Narvel and I both knew that was a show that I had to do. And so I always wondered, 'Isn't it strange that the catering truck knocked the door off of the plane?   

No comments:

Post a Comment