Monday, March 21, 2011

Martina McBride Releases “Teenage Daughters” To Country Radio

Martina McBride just released a brand new single. The song, titled “Teenage Daughters,” was co-written by McBride and The Warren Brothers.

The tune has a universal theme of children coming of age and parents trying to survive their offspring’s transformation into adulthood while reflecting back to their own lost adolescence. While every adult has experienced these tumultuous teenage years – either from the teenager’s perspective, parent’s or both – this topic, told from both a mom and dad’s perspective, is a surprisingly unique and fresh angle for country music.


“Almost everybody goes through it,” says McBride. “So I’m not surprised when people tell me how much they relate to this song…even the dads who were ‘Prince Charming’ in their little girl’s world until she discovered boys. They all get it. This is every day life and it’s why I love country music – It touches us right at the heart of what we are feeling or dealing with on a daily basis.”


She adds, “I love the fact that ‘Teenage Daughters’ blends humor, sass and sweetness. It shows a very real side of my personality that I’m not sure I’ve shown in a song before. It’s definitely a very personal song and, to me, it just feels like an honest conversation between mothers and fathers of teenage daughters everywhere.“


McBride has co-written seven more tracks for her new album (due out this fall). The CD will be a first in many ways – first on a new label, first working with her co-producer Byron Gallimore (Faith Hill, Tim McGraw) and first to have written the majority of the material herself.


McBride acknowledges “I won’t sing a song unless I can tell the story or relate to the lyric and I don’t believe you have to write the lyric to relate to it. But this album shows so many sides of my personality and the fact that I wrote most of it will make it interesting and fun for my fans.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment