Monday, March 7, 2011

Taylor Swift Keeps Her Emotions in Check as She Builds Up ‘Thick Skin’


Taylor Swift struggles to belong and to be accepted just like anyone else. “At no point in this process did I grow a thick skin,” Taylor says, explaining that she finds it hard to ignore insults aimed at her. “I’m not stronger than anybody else. I feel everything that happens to me, whether it’s a mean comment from a friend or a stranger.”


Swift has long been known for the expressive and emotional subject matters that most of her songs employ, and she says, “I don’t think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn’t mean you’re a brave person.” She adds, “That’s why everybody in my life knows everything that I’m going through. I can’t hide anything from them. People need to realize that being open isn’t the same as being weak.”


Taylor is enjoying some brief downtime in Los Angeles and Nashville right now from her Speak Now Tour. She leaves in early March for shows in Belgium, Holland, Norway, Germany, Italy, France and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment