Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jimmy Wayne Begins Work on Album Inspired by Meet Me Halfway Journey

Last week, Jimmy Wayne spent three days in the studio, where he worked on his highly-anticipated album which was inspired by his 1,700-mile Meet Me Halfway trek.

Jimmy launched the campaign on Jan. 1, 2010, leaving on foot from Nashville, and arrived in Phoenix, Ariz. seven months later. The endless hours spent on foot walking through the snow, ice, heat, desert and mountains gave Wayne much to think about. When he returned home to Nashville in August, he laid low from the music scene to concentrate on writing for the project he holds close to his heart.


“I came to Nashville with certain things in mind,” Wayne tells Taste of Country. “This record is what I’ve wanted to make since day one. It’s a musical journey of what I experienced and it’s music that I have 100 percent control over. It’s about honesty. It’s lyrics first. I think it’s going to surprise a lot of people. This album is another step to the Meet Me Halfway campaign, but it’s also what I love to do.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment