Friday, March 25, 2011

Jason Aldean Learned Big Plays From the Best

Jason Aldean says throughout his career, he's found several other artists who have help him define that word ‘Entertainer’.


"I loved Alabama," Jason tells The Boot. "Randy Owen is one of the best entertainers I've ever seen. While I was growing up, it was watching guys like that, guys who not only sang but had a great show and worked the crowd into a frenzy. That, to me, is an entertainer."


Jason has also been fortunate to go out on tour with a few of the acts considered among the top entertainers in country music today. "Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Keith Urban -- I had the chance to watch their shows and pull bits and pieces from all of them," he notes. "All the time, I was thinking, 'when I get to this point [to headline my own show], it would be cool to do that, use that kind of video or those kind of lights and those kind of ramps.'"


Jason admits he's not sure what the experience of waiting for the award recipient to be called in the Entertainer of the Year category will be like. "That will be a new one for me; I'll have to get back to you on that," he jokes. "I'm looking forward to being there and being in the audience as a nominee. It's not something I'm going in thinking it's a shoo-in for me to bring either award home, but it's going to be cool to be there and nominated. The excitement that goes with the awards show will be a cool part of being at the show this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment