Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blake Shelton Reveals His Dream Duet Partners

Rick Diamond, Getty Images
Blake Shelton duet partner list widely varies and seems to keep growing.

Shelton cited pop singer Katy Perry as a favorite duet partner, saying he would look forward to starring in a video with Katy.


Shelton most recently recorded a duet for the Brad Paisley’s new album, and also recorded a song with Lionel Richie for the his upcoming duets album.


Blake has already worked with many artists on his dream duet list saying, “I’ve already had the chance to record with the Bellamy Brothers. And of course Trace [Adkins], I mean believe it or not, he is one of my heroes.” He adds, “I would love to record with George Strait and Earl Thomas Conlee would be awesome.”


Blake met Conlee for the first time years ago, it was for a writing appointment at Conlee’s house. In order to stay awake for the drive there, Shelton drank two pots of coffee. He jokes, “When I got to his house, the first thing I did after meeting him was ask him if I could use his bathroom. When I got in there the only thing I could think of was, ‘I’m using Earl Thomas Conley’s toilet!’”


Blake will open for Brad Paisley on his H20 II World Tour along with Darius Rucker and Jerrod Niemann, which kicks off May 28th at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.
  
He and Reba McEntire will be co-hosting the ACM Awards on April 3, and Shelton has also been confirmed as the fourth and final judge for the new musical competition series ‘The Voice,’ which will debut April 26 on NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment