Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tim McGraw Is Keeping Closet Closed to Politics ... for Now

Tim McGraw has often expressed his interest in possibly entering politics at some point in his life, mainly after he feels his singing and acting careers have died down a bit. 


During an interview with CNN on Wednesday morning, Tim was asked again about jumping into the political arena and the support he has received from former president Bill Clinton, if he were to run for public office.


"That would be something that would be a long way away. You never rule anything out," Tim told CNN with a grin. "This is a great country, and it's given me so many opportunities and given me such a wonderful life that somewhere down the line, if I feel like I can give back, I certainly wouldn't say no to it. But it would be a while and my kids would have to be grown, because I certainly wouldn't want my closet opened any time soon. [laughs]"


Clinton, whom Tim has called "the best president we ever had," returned the country star's compliments. "I think he's got it," the former president told Esquire magazine. "The Democrats need candidates whom people can relate to in a personal way, people who understand their lives and their concerns and share their values. And I think that's something Tim can do without even pretending."

No comments:

Post a Comment