Friday, July 8, 2011

Brad Paisley Records Josh Thompson's Song

theboot.com
Josh Thompson was told by Brad Paisley that he was going to record a song he'd written. 'A Man Don't Have to Die' appears on Brad's album, 'This Is Country Music.'

"Brad told me the last date of the H20 tour in Denver," Josh tells The Boot. "He said, 'Hey, man. I found out that I've had a song of yours on hold for a while, and I just want to let you know that if you're not going to do it, I'm going to cut it Wednesday." I cried. [laughs] I hugged him, and said he could have it."

This isn't the first tune of Josh's that another artist has cut. He also penned 'Church Pews or Bar Stool' for Jason Aldean's 'My Kinda Party' album.

"I'm a songwriter," Josh continues. "It is the utmost flattery for someone to record a song of mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment