Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lauren Alaina Debut CD

Like My Mother DoesLauren Alaina is recording her debut album. She’s already starting to write songs and is listening to demos for the project.

“I write as much as I can, but I’ve been really busy lately, so I’ve got to get back into it,” Lauren tells The Boot. “I want to write with Taylor Swift! But I think that’s kind of impossible. [laughs] And Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood — I like that they’re singers and writers, too … I just want to meet those people! [laughs]”

Lauren is also considering songs that are being pitched to her from Nashville songwriters.

“I’ve got quite a few songs to listen to, and a few of them I’m really excited about,” she says. “Country music’s really good about telling a story, so I want songs that tell good stories where people can say, ‘That happened to me!’”

No release date has been set for Lauren’s debut album. Fans can catch her on the American Idol LIVE tour this summer. 

Source: CMIL/The Boot

No comments:

Post a Comment