Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shania Celebrating Today

Shania Twain has celebrated sales in excess of 75 million albums, but is looking ahead.

"For the very first time, I really feel like I belong here," she said at a party last week celebrating her return to Nashville (quote via CMT). "That might sound a little bit weird, but when you come from a small town in Canada, it's not like America needs any more talent. It has everything it needs. So I always felt like an outsider -- because I was.

Shania admits she did not enjoy all the success.

"At the peak of my career, I was in such a whirlwind that I was too tired to really enjoy what was happening," Shania acknowledges to the Boot. "I was meeting everybody, and it was all just whizzing by, and I didn't take it in. Now I've been welcomed with open arms like never before, and it's just a really good feeling. I love what I do, and I'm so glad I'm back doing it again."

Shania is working on a new album. She will head to Las Vegas next year to begin her 'Still the One' concert series at Caesar's Palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment