Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trisha Yearwood Has a New Cooking Show, Acting on Broadway Next?

Image: www.trishayearwood.com
Trisha Yearwood has a new daytime cooking show premiering on the Food Network and she is also trying to fulfill a lifelong dream by starring on Broadway one day.


While further details of her cooking show are to come, husband Garth Brooks is rumored to maybe drop by from time to time.


As for her Broadway dreams, Yearwood admits she’d even move her family to New York City if given an opportunity. “I’ve always loved Broadway shows,” Yearwood tells WENN. “I’ve always loved musical movies. I’ve seen several shows here [in New York City], and every time I see one I’m always in tears, like, ‘I want to be in that so bad.’ I saw ‘Wicked,’ like, three times.”


“I don’t know what it is about it — I just love it. I did a little bit of theatre in college and I’ve always been drawn to it,” she says. “I don’t know what the role would be, but I would really love to do it.”


Trisha is no stranger to acting, having had a recurring role on the television series ‘JAG’ for a few years. Yearwood caught Reba McEntire when she was in ‘Annie Get Your Gun’ a few years ago and admits, “I wept. She was amazing and I felt like that role was made for her.” Not long ago, she said, “I’m at a place in my career where I can do some different things, so we’ll see what happens.”

No comments:

Post a Comment