Monday, April 25, 2011

Alison Krauss & Union Station's 'Paper Airplane' Debuts at No. 1

Alison Krauss and Union Station are at the top spot on Billboard's Country Albums chart with the No. 1 debut of their latest album, 'Paper Airplane.' The disc also scores the No. 3 spot on the Billboard 200, behind Foo Fighters and Adele, with 83,000 copies sold in its first week, according to Nielsen Soundscan.


'Paper Airplane' is the first-ever No. 1 album of Alison's career. 


Jason Aldean's 'My Kinda Party' drops to No. 2, while the 'Country Strong' soundtrack goes to the No. 3 spot, helped by the release of the film on DVD.


"The only thing I can say," Alison tells The Boot, "is that I'm grateful that I got to experience this whole thing with the people I've got to experience it with. I know of so many musicians that inspire me and keep me up at night that the majority of the population may never get to hear. I don't understand it, why it didn't work [for them]. They're still proud of what they're doing, it's just not on a grand scale."


Alison Krauss and Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas will be touring this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment