Friday, November 12, 2010

Toby Keith Turns to Technology

Toby Keith is writing more songs now than ever. It’s not that he gets more ideas than he used to. He’s simply figured out a better way to manage them.

“I have an application on my iPhone that’s a voice recorder,” he told The Wilkes-Barre Times Leader. “I used to carry one of those little digital handheld things around, but they’re like sunglasses — you end up losing them. I always have my phone with me, and about a year and a half ago, I started spitting stuff into it. I’d hit that [record] button and hum it to myself. When I got home last winter and started writing… I had 45 ideas. I would have had three if I didn’t have that recorder.”
One thing he’s not likely to record anymore is movie ideas. Toby wrote and produced Beer For My Horses, and it proved to be too much of a distraction from his creative core.
“My music suffered, and my health suffered from doing too much and not getting enough sleep,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment