Friday, January 14, 2011

Shania Twain Lost Voice and Trust


According to the Toronto Sun, Shania Twain hasn’t revived her music career because she lost her voice and confidence. The reality of her marriage’s betrayals had left Shania bitter and without the passion or fire to get back into her music. 
Her new show on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) will debut in April. Why Not? will chronicle Shania’s journey of finding her passion for music again by networking and banding together with people who’ve gone through similar losses.


"I have lost my ability to express myself and my ability to sing"… For some reason, I’m not comfortable singing in front of people anymore. “I was feeling more pressure from my career, the bigger it got. I felt the pressure to be better and better all the time. It just affected me. I was slowly losing my voice and slowly losing my confidence… My marriage was slowly breaking down too.


Shania compares losing her marriage to a death. “I really lost my sense of trust, compassion, honesty… I was really getting quite obsessive about my own pain and my struggle and I just had to snap out of it.


“On this tour (for TV series)… I wanna talk to people that have been through big disappointments, big emotional crises, deep life struggles and I will learn something from that… I will be inspired by other people.”


You can read more here. ‘Why Not? with Shania Twain debuts on OWN in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment