Friday, February 25, 2011

Taylor Swift Honored For Asian Success

Taylor Swift before her show at at Hong Kong’s AsiaWorld-Expo on Monday (2/21), was presented with plaques commemorating her success across Asia. The Associated Press reports Swift’s Fearless album has sold more than 400,000 copies in the region and that her latest release, Speak Now, has been certified Platinum in Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia and the Philippines.


“Some of them were really surprising to me. I wasn’t aware of every single certification we have in Asia. It really blew my mind,” Swift told The Associated Press backstage before her concert.


Taylor says she’s proud to have a global following. “I love country music, and I love the fact that it’s being accepted all over the world. That is so exciting for me,” she told the AP.


“I have heroes who have taken country music internationally. You have Garth Brooks and Shania Twain. They really did a lot for country music because they brought an awareness to it. The fact that I have the opportunity to do that too and go to other countries where I’ve never been before and play music — it’s what I’ve always dreamed of doing.”


The 2011 “Speak Now World Tour” will head to Europe in March. The North American leg of the tour kicks off in May. An updated listing of tour dates is available at: http://taylorswift.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment