Friday, February 4, 2011

Joe Nichols Talks About Lost Hit That Blake Shelton Found

Joe Nichols is talking about the song that got away: 'Who Are You When I'm Not Looking.'


"'Who Are You' is one of the mistakes you make along the way; the woulda, coulda, shoulda that has happened, and you just wished things would've been different," Joe told The Boot. "When we cut [it], I begged everybody who would listen, I begged for that to be a single, for that to be the first single."


Even though Joe felt a bit of disappointment that the song was not a single for him, he's thrilled that it is for his longtime friend. "The one thing I am proud of now is that it's found a home with Blake, and Blake's having some significant success with it," he says. "It's the hit it should've been, and I'm glad he's the guy that cut it and that he's going to have the hit on it. I'm happy for the writers, and I'm happy for Blake. We screwed it up, and hopefully they don't [laughs]."


Joe is currently scaling the country charts with his latest hit, 'The Shape I'm In,' which appears on his new 'Greatest Hits' collection, in stores now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment