Monday, February 14, 2011

Miranda Lambert Will Feel Right at Home During Australian Trek

Miranda Lambert will embark on her first tour of Australia next month as the special guest of Alan Jackson, who is also marking his first time Down Under. 


A total of four shows in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane beginning March 4.  "I'm really excited about Australia," Miranda tells The Boot. "I'm a little bit scared, I don't know why, just because I don't know how the crowds are going to be to me. But I heard they like rowdy women, so I've got that covered. [laughs] And I've heard Australians are a lot like Texans, so hopefully, I'll feel at home. I'm really excited to go."


Some of the terms she may want to learn before heading over to Australia are "Schooner," which means a large beer glass in Queensland, but a medium beer glass in South Australia; a "Tinny" may either mean a can of beer or a small aluminum boat; a "Pot" means a 285 ml of beer, not something you cook in; Hello is "G'day," while goodbye is "Hooroo."


Following her dates in Australia, Miranda will then launch her own headlining trek. Her Revolution Continues tour, featuring Justin Moore and Josh Kelley, will kick off February 24 in St. Louis Mo., and is currently scheduled to wrap April 16 in Melbourne, Fla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment