Sunday, September 11, 2011

Brad Paisley's Diary

Brad Paisley‘s first major book, titled The Diary of a Player, with Howard Books, will be available in hard cover November 1st, according to Simon and Schuster.

The book is a salute to the guitar gods of country, blues, and rock & roll who have shaped his life. The Diary of a Player is the very personal story of how Brad became who he is today.  The essence of the book is captured in the liner notes he wrote for his instrumental album Play.

“When I was eight I got a gift from my grandpa. No coincidence that around that time I also got an identity. See, no matter how I have changed, learned and evolved as a person, the guitar has been a major part of it, and really the only constant. A crutch, a shrink, a friend, love interest, parachute, flying machine, soapbox, canvas, liability, investment, jackpot, tease, a sage, a gateway, an addiction, a recovery, backstage pass, pickup line, weapon of revenge, a makeover, compass, target, icebreaker, a temptress, a church, a voice, veil, armor, and lifeline. My grandpa knew it could be many of these things for me, but mostly he just wanted me to never be alone. He said if I learned to play, anything would be manageable, and life would be richer. You can get through some real tough moments with that guitar on your knee. When life gets intense, there are people who drink, who seek counseling, eat, watch TV, pray, cry, sleep, and so on. I play.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment