Monday, October 22, 2012

It's "Red" Day

Taylor Swift’s fourth studio album, Red, will be released worldwide today (10/22).

The CD includes 16 songs, 10 of which she wrote by herself, and the remaining six were collaborations with people Taylor had been wanting to work with.  Taylor also mixed things up production-wise.

Taylor tells us (click to hear the audio) she decided to switch things up with Red and change her approach to writing and recording music for the new CD.

“I just felt like I really wanted to push myself. I wanted to kind of stretch what I do artistically and, you know, my last album, Speak Now, I wrote every song by myself and writing alone became sort of a comfort zone so what I ended up doing for this album was just thinking, ‘I need to surround myself with people who do things differently than I do, and I want to see what that looks like, and I want to learn from it.’ You know, I think you have two choices when you’re making your fourth album – you can do things the way you’ve always done them or you can change, and I love the idea of evolving and giving the fans something new to listen to and a new direction to follow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment