Monday, August 11, 2014

Rascal Flatts Believes The Right Tour Openers Are Extremely Important

They are currently out on their Rewind Tour with special guests Sheryl Crow and Gloriana, and Joe Don Rooney says picking the right opening acts is a crucial part of any good tour. For one, the entire package has to be entertaining, but also he says, “I remember in the 80’s, when I was a kid, I went and saw this group Aerosmith. Pretty good band. And they had this young artist named Bryan Adams that was openin’ up for ‘em. It was like; wow, I got to see Bryan Adams for the first time and he went on to be a mega-star, but I went to a Aerosmith concert not knowing he was gonna be openin’ up, or who he was. So, I think the experience and the package is very important.”

Unfortunately Rascal Flatts had to cancel their shows this weekend because Gary LeVox is suffering from an unforeseen illness. It’s very rare for them to ever cancel a show, so to cancel three was definitely a difficult but necessary decision. Their latest song, “Payback,” is top 30 and climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment