Monday, August 18, 2014

Country Goes Motley

Country stars lined up to pay homage to iconic rock group Motley Crue on the new Big Machine release, Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Motley Crue, which arrives at retail on August 19th. 

Justin Moore, Florida Georgia Line, Rascal Flatts, Brantley Gilbert, LeAnn Rimes, Darius Rucker, Eli Young Band, Cassadee Pope, The Mavericks, Big & Rich, The Cadillac Three, Aaron Lewis, Nashville stars Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen, Lauren Jenkins and Gretchen Wilson all recorded Motley Crue’s hits in tribute to the band, who, after more than 30 years together and over 80 million albums sold worldwide, have decided to call it quits.

The idea for Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Motley Crue at first didn’t make sense to the band, but Vince Neil says they quickly came around to giving their stamp of approval. “I just kind of couldn’t wrap my head around it because my head is still like what country was 30 years ago, say when I was growing up, and I didn’t really realize that country music has become the new rock ‘n’ roll, and so all of a sudden I started listening to these bands and going, ‘This actually makes sense. I mean, this is really cool! So it became really exciting and after listening to the songs for the first time of all the acts I was like, ‘These guys all hit a homerun on this record.’”

The first single from Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Motley Crue is Justin Moore’s version of “Home Sweet Home,” featuring Vince Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment