Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Artists React To Moore, Oklahoma Storm

Country Aircheck reports:

Miranda Lambert will join Blake Shelton tonight (5/21) on The Voice to perform an acoustic version of "Over You" and urge donations for recovery. "They're going through hell there right now," Shelton said as the program aired live last night. "Lot of fatalities, lot of children. It makes it hard to actually sit here and do this tonight, but [I've] got a job to do and my team's counting on me, so here I am." Other Oklahoma natives and residents have expressed sympathy and concern via social media:
  • Carrie Underwood: "Growing up in tornado alley, you always know what could happen ... it doesn't change how devastating it is when something does happen. #pray" 
  • Joe Don Rooney: "My thoughts & prayers are with my home state of Oklahoma. May God's love & grace be with all affected by these horrible storms."
  • Reba: "All my prayers go out to the folks in Oklahoma dealing with these tornados.  Stay safe everyone!" 
  • Trisha Yearwood: "Pray for everyone devastated by these storms, but especially for those families in Moore, OK right now … God, wrap your arms around this community."

No comments:

Post a Comment