Sunday, July 1, 2012

Luke Bryan: "Have Fun And Don't Take It Too Seriously"

Toledo Blade Columnist Brian Dugger just did the mandatory pre-concert interview in advance of a July 7 appearance in Fort Laramie, Ohio, with Luke and got some insightful quotes with the guy who's holding onto the #1 spot on the radio airplay country charts again this week:
"My thing is that I just try and have fun and not take all this too seriously. I think fans like seeing somebody not scared to be a little goofy and who will put a song out there that's fun." 

"I look forward to 'Country Girl (Shake It For Me)' every night. I've been fortunate that the past few songs keep getting bigger and bigger." (He followed up "Country Girl" with two straight chart-toppers -- "I Don't Want This Night to End" and now #1-ranked "Drunk on You.")

"This has been a year for me where I feel like I've turned the corner, and it's time for me to be a legitimate headliner.  I'm in the game with the biggest headliners. Now I need to put together a show, music, and songs that can make that happen."

"I want to hit it as hard as I can for the next 10 to 15 years, and I want to get better and better each year and up the ante.  I want to be a better singer, performer, and piano player. If I can do that, I'll be a better entertainer."

No comments:

Post a Comment