Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bid On Kellie Pickler's Truck, Help USO

Ram Truck continues its connection with country music by creating a 2012 "Road to the Ram Jam" concert series that will allow fans to see their favorite country artists up close and register for a drawing to win gifts and prizes.

Five concerts are scheduled this year, plus a year-end invitation-only Ram Jam concert in December.

The first officially announced concert will be with "American Idol" alum Kellie Pickler, who gets to use a fully loaded Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn for the year that will be auctioned off in 2013 with proceeds going to the USO, a nonprofit group dedicated to lifting the spirits of America's troops and their families.

She told the Chicago Tribute yesterday at the Chicago Auto Show: "The first thing I learned to drive was my grandpa's truck, so I'm definitely a truck girl. I'm excited to be part of Ram Truck's Road to the Ram Jam. We're going to have a lot of fun on that 'Road' — me and my Laramie. I'm also excited that we will be auctioning off my Ram truck at the end of the year to benefit our veterans in need."

Other concerts will be announced throughout the year, with each performer given a new Ram truck for auctioning at the end of a 12-month run.

No comments:

Post a Comment