Monday, March 24, 2014

Trisha To CMT: "We're Moving To Nashville"

When Trisha Yearwood told Alison Bonaguro that she and Garth Brooks were moving back to Nashville, it all made perfect sense. This is a sure sign of an almost-empty nest: moving somewhere else.

"I have loved living in Oklahoma," Yearwood told me when she was in Chicago on Sunday (March 16). "It's been a great place to raise our girls, and the thing I'll miss the most is that I've made some of the best friends I'll ever have. But we'll always be best friends."

Because Brooks' youngest daughter will be leaving for college this fall, that means that their Oklahoma nest will be officially empty. So Yearwood told me that means she and Brooks are ready for the next chapter.

"Garth and I have always sort of been gypsies. If you do this for a living, home for us is really just where we are together," she said. So now they will hang their hats in Nashville, and Yearwood is looking forward to it.

"There's an energy about Nashville that I love and I miss. And it's so awesome right now. It has a new energy that's so cool," Yearwood said. "And it makes sense because it's been a bit of a challenge to not live there and to have to fly in and out for work."

But she wouldn't trade her years in Oklahoma for anything. That's where she and Brooks lived in order to be close to his three daughters from his first marriage.

"It's been the right thing to be at home. But Garth and I both feel like the job of being home every day and going to every soccer practice, that job is coming to an end for us. And so it's time for us to do the next thing," she said, "and we're excited for whatever's next for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment