Wednesday, May 23, 2012

When CNN Covers You, You're "Today's News"

And, that's where Kip Moore finds himself today:

"I've been writing about two songs a day for about seven or eight years," the 32-year-old singer told CNN from a tour stop in New Hampshire last month. "(When I moved to) Nashville, it was a move because that's what I really wanted to do. I think it's natural when you get to a town like that, you question, 'Are you good enough?' every single day.

"I was below the bar I needed to be when I first got there. I questioned going home all the time my first few years. You see your friends around you building a foundation with their jobs, retirement, family -- not that those things are what I want now, but you could look up, and you're 40 years old -- all of a sudden you have nothing to show for it."

Before moving to Nashville in the early 2000s with songwriting aspirations, Moore credits the time he spent in Hawaii after college for helping him get his songwriting skills up to snuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment