Monday, February 10, 2014

Cassadee Pope Encourages Artists To Stay Open Minded

Whether someone is on a reality singing competition like The Voice, which Cassadee Pope won in season three, or if they’re just someone with a passion for music, Cassadee encourages artists to stay open-minded, especially if they’re not sure exactly what genre of music is the best fit for them. 

“If a song speaks to you then do it and make it your own and see where it takes you.” For instance, Cassadee recalls during her time on The Voice, “I did ‘Over You,’ not thinking I was doing a country song, I just loved the lyrics and I loved the message and then I realized I was onto something and I found my niche. So I just went with it and it gradually took me to this place now, so I’m very happy.” 

That place includes having a record deal with Republic Nashville and having her debut album in stores now.

No comments:

Post a Comment