Friday, April 5, 2013

Sammy Kershaw's Home Catches Fire, Suffers Major Smoke Damage

KERSHAW's Lafayette, Louisiana home sustained heavy smoke damage after a fire broke out in the country star's kitchen.

Sammy inadvertently started the fire when he grabbed cans of homemade spices he was delivering to a friend.  The box containing the spices slid over the kitchen stove, catching the knobs that ignite the burners.  Kershaw says there were likely flammable items on the stovetop that caught fire.

After leaving his home, his alarm company alerted him of the blaze.  Kershaw immediately returned home and threw towels onto the stovetop to help smother the flames. Shortly after, firefighters arrived at the scene to extinguish the blaze.

"You've got to count your blessings... every one of them," says Kershaw.  "This could have been so much worse.  The guardian angel that God assigned to me is always working overtime."

No one was injured in the blaze.

Media Contact for Sammy Kershaw:  Don Murry Grubbs / 615-275-8380

No comments:

Post a Comment