Monday, February 11, 2013

Taylor Swift Gets Vulnerable To Write

Although she writes about her love life in her songs, Taylor is a fairly private person who doesn’t discuss her relationships outside of her lyrics, with one key exception. 

Swift says during the songwriting process she is an open book.
“When I go into a co-write, I don’t think it’s fair for them to not know what I want to write about. If I were to just play them the idea that I came in with. I want them to know the back story. So I’ll walk into a room with a co-writer and just say, “Hey, nice to meet you. I really need to tell you what I’ve been going through ‘cause this is what I want to write about.” At that point Taylor goes into the details of her love life and then she’ll share any song ideas she’s brought with her. She says, “That way they know the background on it. They’re not sitting there having to completely make assumptions based on something they don’t know. If I tell them everything I’m going through, then it’s easier to write about it.” She didn’t have to go through that process for her latest single, “Begin Again,” because it’s one of the songs on her Red album that she wrote completely on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment