Dubbed CMA Awards 360, the virtual CMA Awards backstage pass is the first integration of its kind on a Country Music awards show. Before and during the Wednesday, Nov. 6 CMA Awards on ABC, fans will have access to 11 different camera views only on CMAawards.com:
- Red Carpet –The hottest stars show off the latest fashions with multiple camera positions to catch every second of the building excitement towards the show.
- Backstage – Only CMA has eyes on what really goes on behind-the-scenes, with three hosts covering all of the backstage action. You never know what big star will stop by for a chat!
- Director’s View – What’s it like being in the control room during an intense live network show? Sit in the virtual director’s chair with CMA Awards director Paul Miller.
- Audience Cam – When the commercials come on, the show doesn’t end. Fans can now find out what their favorite celebrities are doing during those two-minute breaks!
- Press Room – After the big CMA Awards winners give their acceptance speeches, they come to the Press Room to talk to the media and fans at home get a front row seat! for all the Q&As.
“Today’s Country Music fans are sophisticated and tech savvy, and they crave a second-screen experience for Country Music’s Biggest Night™,” said Ben Bennett, CMA Director of Digital Strategy. “We’re excited to engage the format’s passionate fans in this new way, while bringing them closer than ever before to the behind-the-scenes action at the most prestigious Country awards broadcast.”
The live streams will start at 5:00 PM/ET on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at the start of the CMA Awards Red Carpet, and will continue through the live, three-hour CMA Awards broadcast at 8:00 PM/ET on the ABC Television Network.
Similar to the Oscars and the Grammys, the CMA Awards are voted on by elite members of the Country Music industry, and it is widely recognized as Country’s top Awards achievement.
For more information on the CMA Awards, visit CMAawards.com.