Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Keith Urban Writes And Records New Movie Soundtrack


“I loved the challenge of writing for a film. I’ve never done that before. After seeing Act Of Valor, my co-writer (Monty Powell) and I wanted to capture the essence of not only what these men and women do so extraordinarily, but how that relates to all of us. 'Valor' shows us what they are willing to give their all for, which made me wonder, 'what am I willing to give my life for?' ‘For You’ is intended to allow the listener to define who that is for them.”

Urban's song for the heart-pounding Navy SEAL action-thriller Act of Valor, “For You,” marks the first time that Keith has written and recorded a song specifically for a motion picture, and it will be featured during the film’s end credits.

In theatres February 24, the Bandito Brothers’ Act of Valor stars a group of active-duty Navy SEALs along with Roselyn Sanchez, Alex Veadov, Jason Cottle and Nestor Serrano and tells a powerful story of contemporary global anti-terrorism.

Urban’s current single “You Gonna Fly” is currently #10 on the country radio charts and climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment